Three Friends

Three Friends
Three Friends

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Flabby Arms

Hey it’s Slick again, and this is my flabby arm.
 
 
I know you are all wondering why do I care about arms with sweater season almost upon us.  I dunno.  I just know that a month ago they were a lot firmer, but then I got sick with this lingering cough from…well, you understand. 
Anyway I have decided to spend the next 30 days focusing on my arms.  The goal isn’t to have huge muscles, just to firm up what is already there. So here is the before stuff; the obligatory, unflattering picture that my hubby took and my starting measurement of 11.5” or 28 cm, at the largest point around my upper arm.   
So here is the plan…every other day I will work on arms...that way they get a rest.  Using the four machines pictured below as well as dips and push-ups at home.  Why don’t I do push-ups at the gym…I have a hard time putting my hands on the floor or any mat that hundreds of other people have walked on and/or used.  I am a bit of a germaphobe.  Okay…a big germaphobe, I wipe each machine down before I use them.
I am not really a hand-weight girl.  I prefer the machines…not sure why, but I do.  With a thanks to my local Planet Fitness, here are the machines I use at my gym.
 
 The Fly (used to work the chest muscles) ...
 
 
The chest press...
 
The shoulder press ...
 
 
The pulldown machine (used to work the back muscles).
 
 
I also plan on doing push-ups and dips at home.  
 
Wish me luck!  I will keep you posted on how it goes.
 

1 comment:

  1. So how is it going? I know you've been sick and then on vacation and now sick again ... but how is it going?

    ReplyDelete