Three Friends

Three Friends
Three Friends

Thursday, February 9, 2012

27 Pounds Later ...






That's me, back in September 2010, in Bath, at the Jane Austen House. No specific reason for the picture, I just wanted to share it!

I read in a running magazine that if you do something for six months, it becomes a routine, like brushing your teeth or remembering to floss.  I started jogging at the end of August last year. Not quite six months, but close. And I am still jogging, that almost-six months later. I've lost 27 pounds, gone down two sizes, and I still can't run 2 miles without stopping to walk some of it ... but I keep working towards it! By May, I hope to be there. I'm learning a lot about fitness and nutrition on the way. By August of this year, I hope to have settled at a new, healthy weight to go with my new, healthy cholesterol levels!

I mentioned a few posts ago about a fitness challenge at my workplace. It's in week three now, and my team was 26th out of 92 the first week, and 22nd out of 92 the next week. Stay tuned to see how we do!

1 comment: